Documents Required

The list of the documents that are required for applying for study visa in Germany is provided by the German diplomatic mission in your place. The main papers that are needed are:

·         Application form

·         Authentic Passport

·         Two Fresh Photographs

·         Acceptance letter from the German University

·         Latest Academic transcript

·         Certification of German Language proficiency  (with proof)

·         Show the sufficient funds to support your lifestyle in Germany (€8,000 per year, which is ~US$8,670)

·         Health Insurance Certificate

·         Declaration of Attested Documents

German Embassy also requires the clear criminal record. It has to be proven to apply for the study visa with the sufficient funds to the bank statement.  It is the security payment that is submitted to the blocked account. It means that once you deposited this money into an account, you are not able to withdraw until you arrive at the Germany.

If the study plan in the Germany is more than 90 days stay then you have to apply for the National Visa to study purpose rather than applying for the Schengen Visa. The Schengen Visa allows you to stay in the Germany for the three months.

In addition to Study Visa, you have to apply for the residence permission on arrival to the country.

How to relate for the Residence Visa?

When you arrive at the country, you have to register yourself with the Bürgeramt or Einwohnermeldeamt (Local Alien Registration Office) within two weeks. Here you are going to take the permission for the residence for the study purpose.  The documents that are required for the residence visa are:

·         Provide the valid private and public health insurance

·         University enrolment certificate

·         Sufficient Finances

·         Valid Passport

·         Current Visa (if any)

·         Health Certificate

·         Tenancy agreement (if valid)

·         Valid Biometric Passport Photos

·         Residence permit Fee

You have already proven the language capability in the Study visa application, so in the residence visa you just, and need to provide the information relevant to the language proficiency again to take the home permission.

If you are going to study the courses that are taught in German language, than the international students have to make available the TestDaf or the DSH score. For the English courses, you need to provide the score of TOEFL or IELTS test.

The resident visa is valid till two years and should be renewed if expires.  The cost of the visa initially is €110 (~US$120) and then becomes €80 (~US$87) for each extension.

Design and Developed by Eduabroad