France Study Visa

You will need to get a student visa for France in order to be able to start study even if you are a national from anywhere else in the world. There are many types of French student visa and the one you will need it’s depending on you how long you are planning to study in France for.

Schengen student visa (short-stay)

If your studies in France will at least three months and you conform you will not be spending any longer time in the country then you should apply for the court sejour pour etude, otherwise known as the Schengen student visa or short-stay. The Schengen student visa is provided free of cost and cannot be renewed.

Visa to sit entrance exams

If you want to travel in France in order to sit one or more university entrance exams then essential you can apply for the visa de court sejour etudiant concourse, which simply means a visa for sitting entrance exams. If you are sit in an exam and pass out then you are eligible to apply for a visa renewable and you give one-year residence permit. For more details or any kind of information, you just contact the admissions department of the French institution you wish to study at.

Temporary long-stay visa

The visa the long-stay séjour temporaire pour études is a temporary student visa that permits if you to study in France for a period of time up to six months. With this temporary student visa for France, you do not require to apply independently for a residence visa.

Long-stay visa

The long-stay visa is what you will require if you want to study in France for less than six months this is also known as the visa de long séjour pour études or the extended-stay VLT-TS. This visa allows as a long-stay residence permit and lasts for the duration time of your study period usually three years for a bachelor’s degree, two years for a master’s program and four years for a Ph.D. Algerian nationals do not need the VLS-TS but are subject to different provisions. For more details or information you just contact your nearest institution or the French consulate/embassy in your own country or in your city.

Design and Developed by Eduabroad