How to Apply for Canada

Now finally you have to decide to study in Canada is right for you. If you want to study in Canada then you will need to get a Canadian study permit, which serves as a Canadian student visa for the duration of your stay. But remember one thing, if your course or program lasts six months or less then you do not need a Canadian study permit. Once you obtain a Canadian study permit and you will decide to continue your studies then you can apply to renew your study permit from within Canada. After complete your graduation, you want to stay in Canada as a permanent or find work.

Choose an Institution

Decide, where and what you’d like to study across Canada. Every year Canadian universities are allowed by more than 130,000 international students. Canadian University is a good place to begin. This directory includes all universities profiles and listings of their programs which they offered. Further, you may want to find individual university websites as well. But an easy and simple way to access those is through the Universities Canada website, which includes all the study programs in a database of all Canadian universities found in this directory.

It is most important that as much as to find out you can about the institutions you are considering and the communities they are in, make sure you make the best possible choice. You must contact officials who deal with international students at the universities you’re interested in, don’t be afraid and ask them questions. And you also make sure you give yourself a lot of time to apply and to get a study permit.

Prepare and submit an application

When you have selected your preferred university then you will find out on their university websites what the admission requirements are and what the application process involve during the admission. Because application rules change all universities but you will need to consider the following:

Are you eligible?

In Canada, every university has its own admission process and requirements and will able you on an individual basis. Therefore, the minimum requirements for undergraduate study, you must be graduation from a secondary school and good academic record are typical.

What documents are needed?

When you apply for admission, you may need to official documents such as recently completed degree original transcripts from secondary or postsecondary school. It may be foremost to have all those documents assessed and translated into English or French. You must consult the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials or must consult your country’s educational authorities or for more information on degree identification.

Do you meet the language requirements?

Mostly, international students in Canada must show proficiency in English or French but it’s depending on the university they apply to. When you attempt standardized language test, many English-language universities demand that you must achieve a minimum score on a standardized language test. French-language universities usually evaluate applicants on the basis of case-by-case. But if your language skills are poor, there is a host of Canadian programs you can enroll in before applying to a university in the country, offered by universities, colleges and private institutions. For more information, go to the Languages Canada website.

What is the application process to study in Canada?

Application processes change by region. Because in some regions, international students can apply through a central application service. But others students must apply directly to the university. Canadian universities offered you may also want to apply to more than one program or in another case, university isn’t admitted to your first choice.

What are the application deadlines?

Deadlines change during the admission, but generally, you should apply minimum eight to twelve months in advance. Normally entries for international students are the September and January semesters. Therefore, many universities have a “rolling admissions” procedure to consider international students throughout the year.

Obtaining a study permit

Once you have received an enrolled confirmation letter of acceptance from a Canadian university and if you plan to study in Canada for six months or longer then you must apply for a study permit. Remember one thing; you must apply for the permit before you come to Canada.

You can apply for study permit online or submit a paper application form to the Canadian visa office responsible for your country. Any kind of question or get details about study permits for international students can be found on the website of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

If you want to study in Quebec then you must also get a Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ) from that region. You can find further information online.

When you get a study permit, you must proof you have sufficient money to pay your tuition fees, living expenses for yourself and family member or friend who come to Canada with you and return transportation for you and any family members who come. And in many cases, you will also require to passing a medical certificate that proves you are in good health.

To study or living in Canada, you must be law-abiding and have no criminal record because Canadian security not to be a risk. You may have to provide a police certificate.

You also need to written prove to the visa officer that your first reason for coming to Canada is to attend university and that you will leave Canada at the end of your studies.

Design and Developed by Eduabroad